Maggie Greene is the eldest daughter of Hershel and half-sister of Beth. A tomboy and farmer’s daughter, Maggie wears jeans, boots, and rides a horse. She has a steely personality and happens to fall in love with Glenn.
Little is known about Maggie’s life prior to the outbreak. She has so far spent her life on Hershel’s Farm. Her mother had died when she was young, and this led her father to soon marry another woman, which left her distraught (wanting to smoke and shoplift). Despite this however, she grew to have a loving relationship with her step-mother Annette, step-brother Shawn, and half-sister Beth. She also had a good relationship with Otis, who had been their ranch foreman for several years.
When the apocalypse began, her neighbors and family members became infected and turned into walkers. Hershel kept her, Beth, Beth’s boyfriend Jimmy, Otis, and his wife Patricia, all safe by barricading them within the farm. She occasionally made runs into town to retrieve supplies.
Maggie Greene is played by American actress Lauren Cohan. She is best known for her roles in Casanova, Supernatural, Van Wilder 2: The Rise of Taj, Chuck and of course The Walking Dead. Lauren was born in 1982, in Philadelphia, living in Cherry Hill Township New Jersey. She moved over to the United Kingdom where she studied Drama and English Literature. She then began touring with a theatre company that she co-founded while at university.
- Graduated with a BA in English and Drama from Winchester University, UK.
- Splits her time and work between London and Los Angeles.
- Lived in Cherry Hill Township, New Jersey, during her childhood before moving to the United Kingdom.
- Has an English accent.
- Initially auditioned for the role of Ruby in Supernatural (2005). The role was eventually given to Katie Cassidy.
- Takes kickboxing classes.
- Is a model turned actress.